USING THE 20MM TRIMMING BLADE
The 20mm trimming blade has been designed for stubble, beard & moustache trimming + shaping.
The 5 position comb guide (2mm to 10mm) can be used with the 20mm trimming blade for crafting a short stubble look, or keeping your beard in top shape.
The 20mm trimming blade can also be used without any comb guide attached to outline, and for an even closer finish.
Using the 20mm trimming blade to outline
The 20mm trimming blade without a comb guide attached will cut roughly to a length of 0.5 mm.
1. Do not attach a comb guide.
2. Hold the trimmer upside down with the blade facing downwards, yet flat against the skin.
3. Move the trimmer gently downwards in small strokes around the edge of the area you wish to outline.
4. Having defined the outline, hold the trimmer with the blades pointing upwards, yet flat against the skin and move the trimmer upwards against the direction of hair growth. This will trim the unwanted hair adjacent to the outline.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO APPLY EXCESS PRESSURE TO THE BLADE, AS THIS MAY DAMAGE THE BLADE AND CAN RESULT IN INJURY TO THE SKIN DURING TRIMMING.
Using the 20mm trimming blade with the 5 position comb guide
1. To attach the 5 position comb guide, slide the comb guide onto the front of the 20mm trimming blade and push down at the rear to lock into place – you will hear a clicking noise when it’s in position.
2. The comb guide has 5 length settings, 2mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm & 10mm. To adjust the cutting length, push the button and click the comb guide forward to the required position.
3. Select the required cutting length setting (2-10 mm). If you require more than one cutting length, start with the longest length first.
4. Switch the trimmer on.
5. Hold the trimmer with the teeth of the trimmer pointing upwards, yet flat against the skin.
6. Move the trimmer upwards and outward through the hair, against the direction of hair growth.
7. The trimmer will work most efficiently when cutting through hair at its own speed.
8. Never switch the appliance off whilst in the hair.
9. To remove the 5 position comb guide, gently lift the guide off the head by lifting the rear section.
USING THE LINEAR TRIMMING BLADE
1. Attach the linear trimming blade.
2. Switch the trimmer on by sliding the On/Off switch upwards so that the “I” marking is visible.
3. Place the trimmer at a slight right angle to the skin and trim in the direction of hair growth. It is suggested to trim the hair in the direction of hair growth, as trimming against the direction of growth could cause a rash or irritation.
4. Pull the skin firmly with one hand during the trimming process to ensure the closest trim possible.
5. Move the trimmer slowly and carefully, so as not to cut any hair you do not intend to trim.
6. Trim, shape and define your facial hair as needed.
NOTE: Be careful not to apply excess pressure to the blade, as this may damage the blade and can result in injury to the skin during trimming.
USING THE ROTARY BLADE
1. Attach the rotary trimming blade.
2. Switch the trimmer on by sliding the On/Off switch upwards so that the “I” marking is visible
3. Insert the trimmer into the nose or ear and gently move the trimmer in a circular motion.
4. Always turn the trimmer on BEFORE you insert into your nostril or ear canal to avoid painfully snagging hairs.
5. Never insert the trimmer more than 5-6mm into your nose or ears.
6. Never turn the trimmer off whilst in the nose and ears.